Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Fresh Start



Happy New Year

If it didn't bring you joy
just leave it behind
Let's ring in the new year
with good things in mind

Leave every bad memory
that brought heartache and pain
And let's turn a new leaf
with the smell of new rain

Let's forget past mistakes
making amends for this year
Sending you these greetings
to bring you hope and cheer
Happy New Year!




Wishing you all a Happy New Year, with lots of joy and success.


So back to business, my thoughts on the look for the next season, would be to keep it simple! No red lips, no heavy mascara, no blazing bronzer.. just a bit of all to give you a fresh look!

If you've seen some Bollywood movies lately, then you'll see what I mean. They're all just going for a healthy, natural glow.




Dia Mirza in Love Breakups Zindagi






Deepika Padukone in Desi Boyz


Use mineral products for the winter season, and keep it to a minimal. Let the cold breeze give your face a natural colour =). I'd recommend lots of moisture, a very light foundation, soft blush, a little kohl, and an intense lip balm!

Read below for some product recommendations!




Bare Minerals

I myself was recommended this product and absolutely love it!

Pros:
1. Mineral make-up.. so all natural
2. Since its powder form, it doesn't look like you have applied heavy make-up
3. It gives you a healthy glow
4. Long lasting
5. Improves skin condition
6. Quick application!
7. You can choose your coverage. If you want light coverage, just dab a little. If you want heavier coverage, use more of it.
8. Now available in Hong Kong! Harvey Nichols in Pacific Place, and Faces in Ocean Terminal. Visit their booth for a quick demo. 

Cons:
1. It's meant for daily use, and if you're looking for high coverage. This is not for you. This product works well for light-medium coverage

If you have dark circles, I'd recommend using your own cream concealor and using Bare Minerals for foundation. When you first start using this product, it might not look like its making much difference. But see yourself in a different light without applying too much at first, and you'll see the difference. Ask your friends to get it for you now! Trust.




Mac Tinted Lip Conditioner SPF 15


I've lost count of how many times I've re-stocked on this. I have it with me all the time, and it's a great product. Since it's creamy, it works really well as a lip balm and gives a good color too. It comes in 6 shades, and my favorite is the Fuchsia Fix. One more reason I love it, is because I always have a ton of things in my bag, and for some reason, it's always easy to find. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment