Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Clé de Peau Beauté

I'm back in Hong Kong, so will be updating my posts more regularly now!

Today's items are some moisturizing lotions from Clé de Peau Beauté.

A little background on the company:
Clé de Peau Beauté was launched in 1982. It's a high quality skincare and makeup line. It's a Japanese manufacturer of luxury cosmetics, makeup skincare and fragrance. Until recently, I never knew this was of Japanese origination, always assumed it to be from France! Anyhow, the name "Clé de Peau" means "the key to beautiful skin" and the current face of the brand is Amanda Seyfried. I've never tried any of their products, and just received some samples from COVERmagazine to review. Thanks COVERmagazine! 


View my post for COVERmagazine here.





Clé de Peau Beauté | Basic Care Collection

This is the Basic Care Collection that was launched in 2011. It was hailed as a breakthrough in skincare research. It incorporated one of the brand's latest science discoveries "Neuro Skin Theory" - promising to give your skin that inner glow and beautiful radiance.

The products in the new skincare range are: eye and make-up remover, cleansing foam and protective emulsion. All products contain an "Illuminating Complex" made up of silk and pearl extracts that calm stressed skin so you get a more even comlexion. The products are lightly fragranced, with the Laelia flower in the formula which is also said to recover and rejuvenate the skin.


How much?
  • Eye and Lip Makeup Remover – HK$370/125ml
  • Cleansing Cream – HK$520/130ml
  • Refreshing/Gentle Gentle Cleansing Foam – HK$480/110ml each
  • Refreshing/Gentle Balancing Lotion – HK$950/170ml each
  • Refreshing/Gentle Protective Emulsion – HK$,1000/125ml each
  • Refreshing/Gentle Nourishing Emulsion – HK$1,200/125ml each
  • La Crème – HK$4,600/30ml
I received samples of the following products: The information on the products is taken directly from the website of Clé de Peau Beauté.

Refreshing/Gentle Protective Emulsion – HK$,1000/125ml each



This would not be a buy for me! I need a daily moisturizer, and used the Protective Emulsion for a couple of days so that I could review it. Over a few days, I realized that I didn't see any difference in my skin. As my skin is more on the dry side, this moisturizer felt very light for me. I like my cream to be lightly scented, and even though this claims to contain light fragrance, I could not smell anything. Moreover, I felt that it stung my eyes for a few minutes. Instead of this, I'd rather use a normal SPF daily moisturizer from one of the drugstore brands such as Ponds, Olay, Nivea, Garnier or L'Oréal. I'd be more satisfied and save myself some money too! This is quite an expensive buy!



Refreshing/Gentle Nourishing Emulsion – HK$1,200/125ml each

Again, not a buy for me! I tried this for a few days, and woke up with my skin feeling soft, supple and refreshed. However, the reason behind this was more likely the fact that I made it a routine to remove make-up completely, wash my face, and apply moisturizer before going to bed. Again, I would have liked for this to be of a stronger scent. Although this was much more refreshing to my skin than the protective emulsion, I still would not spend that much on a night cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment